A Students Life at Riccarton

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Tourist trip to Edinburgh

Hiya, tuesday I took a trip to Edinburgh to take go and see all the touristy things to see..
I didn't find Grayfriars and I didn't get time to go to the castle, so I have to do that another day :)
First I saw many people with cameras walking ut some cool stairs with lionsheads on the rails:

I thought that looked like a promising tourist spot so I followed them up.
What I didn't know was that after the rather steep steps, came a very steep climb up a hill:

you might not see excactly how steep it is, because I think I might not hold the camera very straight :)

When I got to the top, I was happy to have made the trip though.. It was a really nice view from up there








Otherwise there was a half started piece of a castle there. I heard that it was started, but that the funding ran out, and they never finished it..


there was a observatorium there too:

a guardhouse or lookout point


and this tower


I just had to take a picture of this :) we don't have those in norway anymore..


Afterwards I went to the Royal Mile. I really really want to go on one of the many trips that is being adverticed there:






If it seems like I don't have a lot of knowledge about the things I've seen, that's very true. Next time, I think I'll go on one of those guided tours, so that I know what I'm seing :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home